Emergency Department Provides Expert Care in Washington, DC
Providence Hospital includes a Level II Emergency Department, offering first-rate emergency care 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to each person who walks through the door.
Our staff of board certified physicians, emergency room nurses and technicians is specifically trained to respond to the diversity of emergency and acute conditions that occur daily.
Originally designed to care for 30,000 patients per year, the Emergency Care Center has been caring for nearly double the number of patients. It is currently undergoing a face lift and expansion that will include more than 8,000 square feet of additional space for treatment rooms and more personalized care.
Emergency Services for Urgent Care
Our services include:
- Emergency and acute care
- Clinical Decision Unit for observation
- Casting, Splinting, and Suturing for minor trauma
- X-Ray and appropriate special radiology studies
- Emergency laboratory studies
- Emergency mental health and addiction treatment evaluation by licensed clinicians
- Voluntary and Involuntary admittance to Seton House Behavioral Health Services
- Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault Referral Programs to specialty centers at Washington Hospital Center and Prince George's Hospital Center
- A unique program for referral and coordination of follow-up care after the emergency visit through our ED Diversion Program
- Emergency Pastoral Support for all our patients in need
Providence Hospital's emergency department accepts patients via all forms of transportation. Each patient entering, whether by ambulance, private car or walk-in will be seen as quickly as possible based on the urgency of the illness or injury.
The first step in the process is an evaluation by a triage Providence Hospital staff member. Medical and insurance information is coordinated upon arrival so that patients can focus on seeing the emergency department provider and/or specialist. In addition to the fully staffed emergency department, members of the hospital's medical and surgical staff partner in consultation in seeing emergency patients. Regardless as to whether your condition requires admission to the hospital or discharge the same day, our Providence staff is fully capable to manage the situation at any time.
The emergency department is conveniently located on the ground floor of Providence Hospital. The entrance is directly off of 12th Street, with its red emergency sign as a beacon. There is parking available in front of the emergency department along with hospital security to maintain safety for everyone while on the premises.
Contact the Emergency Department at Providence Hospital
For more information on Providence’s emergency department, call us at: (202) 269-7001.