Marc E. Rankin, MD
Dr. Marc Rankin is fellowship-trained in Sports Medicine, including the use of the latest arthoscopic techniques for shoulder and knee injuries. He utilizes the most advanced treatments for sports injuries, including platelet-rich plasma injections and total joint reconstruction surgery. Dr. Rankin has gained acclaim for performing meniscal transplants, in which the damaged meniscus of the knee is replaced with donor cartilage.
- Hampton University B.A. Biology;1992
- Howard University Graduate School of Arts and Science ; Area of Concentration 1992-1993
- Howard University College of Medicine , Washington DC ; 1997
- Team Physician for University of District of Columbia , and St. Johns High School
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Howard University Hospital , Washington, DC
- Veterans Administration Consulting Physician
- Institutional Review Board Member, Providence Hospital
- Certified by the ABOS (American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Member of the AAOS ( American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons)
Areas of Interest
- sports medicine
- meniscal transplants (knees)
- total joint reconstruction surgery (knees and shoulders)
- platelet-rich plasma injections
Are you tired of living in pain because of bad joints or sports injuries? Let us help.
Connect with an orthopaedic specialist by calling the Providence Center for Orthopaedics at (202) 854-4400 or use our Physician Finder service by calling 1-855-823-WELL (9355).