Robert H. Wilson
Dr. Robert Wilson is an experienced, fellowship-trained hand, elbow, shoulder and upper extremity surgeon, who previously served as Chief of Hand Surgery at Howard University for ten years. He remains at the forefront of his specialty with his ability to perform total wrist replacement surgery. In selected cases, this procedure can be an option for painful arthritis that doesn’t respond to other treatments.
- John Hopkins University –B.A National Sciences
- Harvard University Medical School –MD
- Residency in general surgery at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York
- Residency in Orthopeadic Surgery at Howard University
- Fellowship at the New York Orthopaedic Hospital at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in Hand, microsurgery, shoulder and elbow surgery.
- Certified by the ABOS (American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery)
- A member of the staff at Children’s National Medical Center
- Member of the AAOS ( American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons)
Areas of Interest
- hands, wrists, elbows, upper extremities
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- pain management