Experience Personal Care in an Encouraging Environment with Providence Bariatric & Plastic Surgery
Providence welcomes you with open arms, friendly faces, and exceptional medical care. No matter where you are in your need for medical treatment, Providence will remain dedicated to serving you: mind, body and spirit.
Providence Bariatric Care Center can help you achieve the healthy lifestyle you’ve always wanted, or reclaim the well-being you once had. At Providence Bariatric Care Center, there is hope for patients who have been unsuccessful with other weight loss methods.
Have you given up hope that you will achieve your weight loss goals? We haven't.
At the Providence Bariatric Care Center, our team approach to weight loss can help you succeed where other methods and diets have failed. We specialize in providing individualized care which focuses on education, preparation, and support before, during and long after you receive your weight loss surgery. Our certified bariatric surgeons offer the most advanced procedures available, and our nurses and staff are trained to offer you the guidance and professional help you need to make a life-long change.
Thousands of patients have transformed their bodies and their health at Providence Bariatric Care Center. Now it’s your turn.
Offering the Surgery that Works Best for You
The Providence Bariatric Care Center offers three bariatric procedures proven to be safe and effective – gastric band surgery, gastric sleeve and gastric bypass surgery – as well as body contouring.
Gastric band surgery uses an adjustable device commonly called a lap-band, placed around the top portion of the stomach to slow consumption of food and thus the amount of food consumed. A gastric sleeve procedure surgically reduces the stomach to about 25% of its original size. In gastric bypass surgery the stomach is divided into two portions, or pouches, and food is then diverted from the smaller pouch directly to the small intestine. Body contouring is surgery performed after significant weight loss has occurred, usually to remove excess skin which remains.
You will receive comprehensive counseling, education, and physician supervision to decide which procedure is right for you, and to ensure that your body is optimally conditioned for weight loss. Our Bariatric Surgeons provide weekly seminars to educate you about the process, and answer your questions about this important decision.
Are You a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery is not for everyone, but it might be the best choice for you. To qualify for our bariatric program the following conditions should be met:
- You are 100 pounds or more over your "ideal body weight," according to the established weight charts.
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) greater than 40 with no co-morbidities, or greater than 35 with serious co-morbidities.
- You have tried to lose weight in different ways but are still severely obese.
- You are unable to perform routine daily activities without serious difficulty.
- You understand the procedure and accept the lifestyle changes you will need to make after bariatric surgery.
- You are motivated to make a lifelong behavioral commitment that includes well-balanced meals and physical exercise.
- You understand that this surgery won't solve all your problems, but can make you healthier -- and probably much happier.
You have questions. We have answers.